Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an absolutely delicous side dish! I have had soooo many requests for the recipe and it has become one of my very easy, "signature" casseroles. You can make it low-fat by using reduced fat soups and sour cream and it does not hurt the flavor. Great for grilling out in the summer with burgers, etc.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine soup, sour cream and pepper in very large bowl. Blend well. Add potatoes, onions, pimientos, and cheeses. Spoon into casserole dish in even layer and sprinkle with a little bit of parm cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 – 1 ¼ hours or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve immediately or cool 15-20 minutes.
This is also good made with Cream of Chile Poblano soup. It gives it a slight kick.
This was really good! I accidentally omitted the onions and left the pimentos out on purpose. I made this for a family gathering and everyone loved it. I Will def. keep this one around to use again.
This is standard fare for entertaining, if I don't have it I'm chastised. It is great with any meat, roasted, grilled, broiled, it doesn't matter.