Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this recipe up after eating at Cracker Barrel. This recipe seems very close to their Hash Brown Casserole.
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns, partially thawed
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 226.79 g colby cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with Pam.
- Combine soup, margarine, salt, pepper, onion and cheese.
- Gently mix in the potatoes and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes.
I've made this recipe quite a bit since June of 2005, and it's still just as good as it was then.And I said then "if you add garlic powder to taste " this recipe really does taste like Cracker Barrel's Hashbowns. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling:) "
My family loved it. This is the first time I made it and they fell in love with it! It was super easy and fairly quick I did however take some previously mentioned tips and made some changes: less butter, added a little green pepper and salteed them and the onions a couple of mins. before adding them to the mix. I also fried some kalbosa and added it which gave it a good flavor. But I can only give it four stars because of the changes I had to make to it.
Very easy recipe. I thought it needed a bit more bamm , so next time I'll add something to punch it up. I halved the recipe and it was gone, so a good recipe in my book!