Recipe by KimmieOH
I made this recipe up after eating at Cracker Barrel. This recipe seems very close to their Hash Brown Casserole.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I've made this recipe quite a bit since June of 2005, and it's still just as good as it was then.And I said then "if you add garlic powder to taste " this recipe really does taste like Cracker Barrel's Hashbowns. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling:) "
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, partially thawed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces colby cheese, grated