Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Craving bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns but don't have the energy to make it all? Let your oven do the work for you. I preferred a little more cheese, but I'll leave that up to you. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 32 ounces hash brown potatoes, frozen cubed and thawed
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash paprika
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9" baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth and pour over hash brown mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
I have used this recipe for a few years now and love it. I normally make it for breakfast for our Sunday school class and everyone enjoys. I've added a few other spices to mine to put a spin on it. I add fresh nutmeg, pepper and garlic powder.
This was a very delicious, hearty breakfast casserole. We do breakfast for dinner every now and then and this fit the bill. To be a little naughty, I diced up an onion and sauteed it in the left over bacon drippings and added it to the hashbrown mixture. So good!
I made this as a late breakfast/early lunch today, as I was busy with PAC and didn't get to breakfast. This was perfect for brunch and so easy. I used refrigerated hashbrown potatoes that I had on hand and added some black pepper, but otherwise, followed as written. I made 1/8 of the recipe which gave a very healthy portion. Next time I might cook the bacon and then saute some onion in a bit of the grease to add to the potato mixture, but was also wonderful just as it is posted. Thanks for sharing Amy!! Made for Spring PAC 09.