1/3 Photos of Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Sheri in Georgia's Note:
This is an awesome breakfast casserole that is prepared ahead. It is easy and different. I found it in the December 2003 Southern Living magazine. We have had it for Christmas morning breakfast two years running. It's a hit at our house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage and onion in large frying pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until meat crumbles.
- 2Stir in hash browns, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and hash browns are lightly browned.
- 3Drain mixture well on paper towels.
- 4Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 5A stoneware baking dish works really well.
- 6Stir together the lightly beaten eggs, shredded cheese, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour evenly over sausage/hashbrown mixture.
- 8Stir well.
- 9Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- 10Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 12Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 13You can also keep the casserole warm until you are ready to eat by covering it with foil and putting it in a 200 degree oven.
- 14Optional toppings: sour cream, favorite sauce of your choice (picante, hot sauce) You can also garnish it with parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.4
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 251.6 mg
- Sodium 1248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 32.5 g