Harvest Creamy Corn "choup"
- In a medium soup pot, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp at the edges. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, corn, zucchini, thyme, bay leaf and paprika and cook for 4 minutes. Sprinkle the flour into the pot, stir and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the broth and simmer until thickened a bit.
- Stir in the milk, cream and parsley and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Season the corn choup to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce and serve with crackers or popcorn to float on top.