1 hr 18 mins
This recipe is from the September/October 2008 Issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. With Fall fast approaching, I thought this sounded wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs butternut squash, cut in half lenghwise and seeded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the squash, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Turn cut side up and let cool.
- 2Scoop the flesh out of the squash and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash well with a potato masher until smooth (you should have about 1 3/4 cups). Add the sugar, egg, pie spice and salt beating with a whisk until blended.
- 3Sprinkle the gelatin over the evaporated milk in a large saucepan; whisk and then let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Set the pan over medium heat, stirring frequently until the gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir in the squash mixture and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture just begins to boil, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until the squash mixture mounds and begins to set, about 1 hour.
- 4Gently whisk the squash mixture until smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping. Pour the mixture into the crust. Sprinkle with the pecans. Refrigerate until set and firm, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- 5GOOD IDEA: For an additional 1 points value, drizzle each serving of pie with 1 tablespoon chocolate-fudge syrup.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Chiffon Pie (Weight Watchers Points = 5)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 119.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice
fat-free whipped topping
reduced fat graham cracker crust