Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This side or I would eat this as a snack. It has a garlicy, crisp, squeaky bite to it! Tossed with almonds. Use tender, young, thin beans.
- 1 lb French style green bean, rinsed and microwaved for 4 minutes
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- coarse sea salt, to season
- pepper (to season)
- In a large pan over medium high heat, heat oil adding almonds and toss till for 1 minute add garlic to lightly brown add beans and water or broth cover for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This is so delicious, even without almonds! (Never tried it with almonds because I didn't have any on hand). Have made it about 3 times now and it makes a great side dish. Microwaved the beans for 2 minutes instead of 4 and have used garlic powder in the past, when I had no minced garlic on hand. Now I just buy a jar of minced garlic - makes things so much easier. I use about 1/4 chicken broth - it makes a difference. Water doesn't seem to bring out the flavor as well in this dish. I have chopped up scallions before and thrown it in and have put in some diced caramelized onions for added flavor. Very good and highly recommended! It's the only way I make french green beans!
Very good. I used frozen green beans.
This is an excellent recipe. I plan to use it a lot. It is simple and delicious.