Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great to regulate blood sugar levels. Serve with a salad.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, trimmed, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 24 g oat bran
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder, wheat-free
- 1 (410 g) can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (410 g) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Lightly oil a loaf tin and line the base with grease-proof paper.
- Put the remaining oil and the leek in a small saucepan and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cumin and coriander and cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the onion, carrots, garlic, parsley, sunflower seeds, oat bran, vegetable stock powder and one of the cans of beans (either is fine) in a food processor and blend for 20 seconds until semi-smooth. Transfer into a large bowl and stir in the second can of beans and the leek mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown in color.
- Turn out of the tin onto a serving plate. Serve either hot or cold with a salad.