Recipe by Lavender Lynn
My DD's friend Hannah made these for a tea party they had with their friends; Amanda loved them so she made them at her senior project, a volunteer appreciation tea. They're a classic!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Yum! I love me a veggie sammich. I used vegan cream cheese which worked just well. Thanks for sharing! I think this would be lovely on a bagel as well (instead of on white bread). Made for ZWT8.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- garlic salt, to taste
- dill weed, to taste
- 1 English cucumber
- 16 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the cucumber into very thin rounds. They should be slightly transparent.
- Mix softened cream cheese with garlic salt and dill weed.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on one half of each sandwich.
- Spread cucumber slices on halves. If the slices are thin enough, overlap the slices.
- Close the sandwiches, de-edge them with a serrated blade, and cut into triangular halves.