Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Jackie Kennedy's childhood summer home was called Hammersmith Farm and I got this recipe from the Hammersmith Farm Cookbook. I haven't made it yet. http://www.buygold.net/Photos/contessa/cont045.html
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 lbs chicken, quartered
- Mix yogurt and all the spices together.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinate, at room temperature, for 3 hours.
- Line grill with foil and put chicken pieces on rack.
- Grill for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
This deserves more stars just for the flavor and simplicity of the preparation. The spices are subtle and the cardamom is a nice touch. I used only thighs and cooked in oven, but looking forward to making this during grilling season next summer!