Recipe by Dienia B.
From Connie Griffin at the Hope Lodge here at Mayo. She's every inch the lady and I thank her. These can be made ahead and frozen. Can you get any easier than that.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Tweaked this just a hair.. Used cheddar cheese, omitted the green pepper, and added a little extra onion, and parmesan cheese. Adjusted this for 2 servings for lunch too. Made for a real nice lunch. DS and I both enjoyed this . A great nice lunch or mid-day treat. Enjoyed very much. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper.
- Add the next 6 ingredients; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Slice bread and spread butter on top half of bread.
- Spread meat mixture on bottom half of bread and top with cheese.
- Wrap with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.