Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a Starving Artists cookbook years ago, and it is my "go to" recipe when I am in a hurry, or just don't feel like cooking.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 425.24 g can ranch style beans
- 177.44 ml Minute Rice, uncooked
- 177.44 ml water
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet until beef is browned and the onion is tender. Drain fat and discard.
- Add chili powder, salt and garlic salt to meat mixture. Stir in undrained tomatoes, beans, uncooked rice and water.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and cover long enough to melt cheese.