Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a Starving Artists cookbook years ago, and it is my "go to" recipe when I am in a hurry, or just don't feel like cooking.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 3⁄4 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup water
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet until beef is browned and the onion is tender. Drain fat and discard.
- Add chili powder, salt and garlic salt to meat mixture. Stir in undrained tomatoes, beans, uncooked rice and water.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and cover long enough to melt cheese.