Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy hamburger pie that has pinto beans, cheese and mashed potatoes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans (Ranch Style)
- 4 potatoes, cooked and mashed (or use instant)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté onions and ground beef until ground beef is done- drain grease.
- Add pinto beans.
- Spread mixture into a baking dish.
- Cover with your mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until heated through and cheese is melted.
My family rated the taste at between 3 and 3 1/2 stars, but with the ease of preparation and the low cost, I bumped it up to a 4. And it's one of those recipes you can make in a hurry, probably with ingredients you already have on hand.
I substituted canned black beans and got excellent results. I needed something quick and easy, and this sure fit the bill!
It is absolutely easy to make. I added cajun seasoning to the meat. I should have added something else to the mash potatoes because they definitely can be bland.