Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick meal to toss together
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 green onions, including tops,chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (light is ok)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef and clove of garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and tomato sauce; cover and cook slowly for 15-20 minutes.
- In separate bowl, mix green onions, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Put in 1/2 the noodles, half the sour cream mixture and half the meat mixture.
- Repeat the layers and top with the 3/4 cups of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This is a good, tasty and hearty dish. The only change I made was to mix the noodles with the creamed mixture before layering.
Thanks for a good recipe! My husband and I both liked it but my picky kids wouldn't eat it (but they really don't eat much!) The only thing I think I will change next time is to cut back on the green onions... the flavor was a bit over powering for me, but otherwise delicious!!
This was really good. :) ~Ri