- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canundiluted condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions until almost tender; drain. In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and the green pepper over medium heat for 10- 12 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain off fat. Stir in noodles, soup, cheese, water and chili sauce. Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered, at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.