A weight watchers recipe - 3 nests equals 7 points - may be lower using ground turkey (which I use!). These are a real kid pleaser and make nice leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 24 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one slice of bread in each muffin cup, pressing firmly to mold to the shape of the cup (my kids like me to trim the crusts).
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, onion, oatmeal, egg substitute, garlic, ground pepper & bbq sauce. I use my (clean) hands to incorporate it really well.
- Spoon evenly into the bread-lined muffin cups.
- Top each with an even sprinkling of the cheese.
- Bake until the meat is cooked through and browned, about 25 minutes.
I want to try these again before reviewing. I used cheap ground turkey (not low fat) and it had too strong a flavor. Everything else turned out great though so I want to try it again.
I made these for dinner tonight and they were delicious! I will definitely make these again!!
These were really great! Made as directed with one exception - I doubled the garlic. Kids loved them. One dipped her bites into extra barbeque sauce. Came together really quickly and was a very nice family meal. Thanks for posting MA HIKER!