Recipe by MA HIKER
A weight watchers recipe - 3 nests equals 7 points - may be lower using ground turkey (which I use!). These are a real kid pleaser and make nice leftovers for lunch the next day.
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
I want to try these again before reviewing. I used cheap ground turkey (not low fat) and it had too strong a flavor. Everything else turned out great though so I want to try it again.
- 24 slices oatmeal bread
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 24 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one slice of bread in each muffin cup, pressing firmly to mold to the shape of the cup (my kids like me to trim the crusts).
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, onion, oatmeal, egg substitute, garlic, ground pepper & bbq sauce. I use my (clean) hands to incorporate it really well.
- Spoon evenly into the bread-lined muffin cups.
- Top each with an even sprinkling of the cheese.
- Bake until the meat is cooked through and browned, about 25 minutes.