This came from My Great Recipes, and I finally tried it. If you're unsure about making homemade crust--this is an easy no-fail pizza crust. When I make this again I'll experiment with a homemade pizza sauce instead of just plain tomato sauce. I like this recipe because it doesn't require a lot of ingredients you don't have on hand. I whipped this up for lunch today, and I think kids would especially enjoy it (they'd probably like helping you make it too).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning (oregano, marjoram, savory, basil, or sage leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast (2 packages)
- 1 cup warm water, 105 F to 115 F
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -2 1/2 cups flour
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Crumble beef into skillet. Add salt, herbs, seeds and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook until meat loses pinkness.
- 2Meanwhile, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar and let stand 2 minutes until bubbly.
- 3Stir in oil, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Beat well. Add enough additional flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 4Press into well-greased 14" round pizza pan or 15x10" jelly roll pan, building up edges to hold in filling.
- 5Top with warm ground beef mixture. Spread with tomato sauce. Add onion and green pepper. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 6Bake at 400 F for 30 to 35 minutes until filling is bubbly and crust is browned. Cut into wedges and squares. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Deep Dish Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 1390.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 33.9 g