Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a family favorite for a quick supper. great use for left over mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (durkee brand)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, if desired (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain.
- Stir in thawed green beans, soup, water and seasonings: Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- (spray with pam first, makes easier clean up) Combine 1/2 of french fried onions with potatoes and spoon atop meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25 min or until heated through.
- Top with cheese and remaining onions and bake an additional 5 min until cheese melts.
Fantastic, hearty fare, especially on a cold night! We loved this. I cooked the ground beef with minced red & green onion. I also subbed a 14 oz. can of tomato sauce plus 1 T. worcestershire sauce for the tomato soup and water (I dislike how sweet canned tomato soup is). I also ran the frozen green beans under cold water to thaw them, and cut them into 2" pieces. Absolutely delicious and a recipe I would happily make again!