Recipe by Ladybug9769
My mom used to make this for me all the time and I always loved it. Just thought that I would share with you. Hope you enjoy! This is a great dish served with pinto beans and cornbread!
Top Review by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
This is perfect when you have little time to spare in the kitchen. I seasoned the patties with minced garlic and onion ,worchestershire sauce and cajon seasoning. and replaced the water with beef broth.Very good
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut up into pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Make patties using ground beef and layer onto bottom of casserole dish.
- Layer cabbage, onion, celery over top of patties.
- Slice butter over top, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour water over mixture, cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to one hour, or until cabbage is tender.