Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe for using Whole-Wheat Hot Roll Mix. Source More-Make-A-Mix Cookery. This recipe can also be used to make hot dog buns by shaping into logs.
- In a large bowl, stir the yeast into the lukewarm water and allow it to become frothy; stir in eggs and oil.
- Beat in 5 cups of the hot roll mix until blended; let rest 2 minutes.
- Add enough of the remaining mix to make a soft dough, knead until smooth, approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- Clean the bowl and grease lightly, place the dough in the bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, grease 2 cookie sheets; set aside.
- Punch down dough and let rest 10 minutes; roll dough 1/2 inch thick, cut the buns with a large cookie cutter, or divide into 12 equal pieces, shaping each into a 4-inch circle, 1/2 inch thick, let rise 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, bake the buns for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and place on wire rack to cool.
- To keep the buns soft, brush with melted butter.