1/4 Photos of Hamburger Beef Jerky
6 hrs 30 mins
THE BEST beef jerky recipe. I have made a ton of recipes out of all kinds of things. Roasts, steaks, etc. But the only stuff I get asked for is this stuff. It is so cheap and so versatile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs 90% lean ground beef (90-92%)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons non-iodized salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/4 tablespoons meat tenderizer
- 3/4 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1Mix all spices with ground beef EXCEPT Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup.
- 2You need to really get your hands in to mix it well.
- 3Press into strips with a jerky gun.
- 4Mix Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup in a shallow dish.
- 5Coat strips with sauce.
- 6Place on trays to dry.
- 7Dry according to your dehydrator manufacturers instructions.
- 8Other flavors as follows:.
- 9Hot and spicy - mix Louisiana hot sauce with water to thin a bit. Coat strips and dry.
- 10BBQ - thin your favorite bottled bbq sauce with water. Coat strips and dry.
- 11Teriyaki - thin bottled teriyaki sauce with soya sauce. Coat strips and dry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 80
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 46.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: