Recipe by Iron Bloomers
This is an early 1960's recipe. Makes a hearty casserole in little or no time. Can be doubled easily. Step up the chili powder a bit if you like.
Top Review by Laudee
Holy Moly, this is a good casserole. Very easy to mix up and bake. Pretty darn quick to the table. I used frozen corn as I was out of the canned, but it worked just fine. Great comfort food, Barb. YUM! Laudee
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned corn
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet adding chopped onion about half way through.
- Drain meat of all fat and place in 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Mix in seasonings, tomatoes and corn.
- In a bowl combine stuffing mix, water and margarine.
- Spread stuffing over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes.