This recipe is from the early 1960's and is among the first comfort foods which I prepared as a young inexperienced cook. Cooked green beans may be substituted for the corn. I do not remember where I found the recipe. At that time, I was very proud of preparing such a tasteful dish. I have not used the recipe for several decades. I am posting in Zaar in order to prevent losing it.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan brown beef and cook onion until tender.
- Pour off fat.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and all other remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.