Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great tasting rice pilaf. Can be a main or side dish. Great for potlucks and the like.
Make and share this Ham & Veggie Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (5-7 oz.)
- 6 -8 ounces diced or chopped cooked ham (I use a small package of thin sliced ham lunchmeat cut in small squares)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups water
- In a large saucepan cook onion, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, butter, and ham till veggies are tender but not browned.
- Pour rice in with veggies and ham and let rice lightly brown for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in water.
- Break up bouillon cubes and add to mix.
- Add black pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.