Recipe by CHEF GRPA
This ham salad sandwich is a snap to mix up in the food processor, or mince the ham by hand and mix the ingredients together for delicious sandwiches or filled rolls. and the, Ham Salad Wraps are a delicious make ahead sandwich recipe perfect for lunchboxes. You could use canned salmon, chicken, or tuna in place of the deviled ham. I added shredded carrots when I took the picture.
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 celery rib, cut up
- 1 onion, slice about 1/4-inch thick
- 6 -8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet pickles or 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 -2 teaspoon sweet pickle juice (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, diced
- soft roll, split
- ham salad wraps
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons whipped salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cansdeviled ham spread
- 10 (8 inch) corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Ham Salad Spread:.
- In a food processor, combine the ham, celery, onion, and pickles or pickle relish. Pulse until minced; transfer to a bowl. Mix in mayonnaise until well-moistened, along with sweet pickle juice, if using. Add pepper, to taste, and stir in the diced hard-cooked egg. Arrange lettuce on rolls; fill with the ham salad. Serve with chips or French fries and pickle slices or sliced tomatoes.
- Ham Salad Wraps:.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese with salad dressing until smooth. Beat in honey mustard.
- Stir in corn and ham spread. Soften the corn tortillas by wrapping them in microwave safe paper towel. Microwave on high power for 10 seconds per tortilla. Unwrap and spread with ham mixture. Roll up and cut in half. Serve immediately, or wrap and freeze. To thaw, let thaw in refrigerator overnight, or place in insulated lunchboxes with frozen gel pack.
- If you aren't going to freeze the sandwiches, you can include other vegetables in this filling, like chopped green or red bell pepper, shredded carrots, baby peas, sliced summer squash, or chopped tomatoes.