Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tasty little appetizers are a hit at gatherings. I usually make 1/2 of these without the horseradish when kids will be around. Plan ahead, as these need to chill. Time does not include chill time.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 6 slices boiled ham, sliced thin
- Combine cheese, horseradish, cream, and beat until smooth.
- Spread over slices of ham.
- Roll up ham jelly-roll style, starting at narrow end.
- Wrap each roll in waxed paper and chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Serve with toothpicks.
We REALLY liked these quick and easy appetizers ~ I added a little bit of dill to the mixture and it went really well with the ham. I think these would be really fun to play with ~ adding black olives, or sun-dried tomatoes, or jalapenos and sweet red peppers. I'll definitely be making these again ~ thanks for posting! Made for DIABETIC FORUM POOL PARTY TAG ~ May 2010!
Even though it's just a few ingredients, the taste is very good. It's a great appetizer. Thanks lazyme :) Made for Market tag game
This came out GREAT! Finding this recipe must have been FATE! I tried to remember ingredients, what can I say! I must have been having THAT kind of day! Forgot the cream, used 2 tbsp cream cheese, through in some chives, TRUE! YUMMY! YUMMY!!! Something very different too! Mine made 9 pieces, served on bed of lettuce with balsamic vinegar, made my day! DEFINATE keeper as an appetiser or snack, SO glad it came my way! THANKS! OH, used Black forest ham for that extra WOW! How did I enjoy this recipe? you now know HOW! :)