Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Many thanks to my dad for this recipe. It's one of my all-time favorite comfort foods! Even our picky 2 year old will eat it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup warm chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small green pepper, Diced
- 2 cups cooked ham (or Chicken, or Turkey)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt 1/2C butter in medium saucepan over mdm to mdm-high heat.
- Whisk in flour, gradually add milk and broth. Continue stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and smooth - being careful not to let it boil.
- Blend in pepper and sherry.
- Stir in cream and remove from heat.
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in medium skillet. Saute green peppers for approximately 3 minutes or until soft.
- Mix ham, peppers, spaghetti and sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot an bubbly.