Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a nice change from traditional lasagnas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (8 oz package)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- For sauce, in a 12-inch skillet, cook and stir onion, celery, carrots, green pepper and garlic, in hot oil over medium heat for 10 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add mushrooms and ham. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream, undrained tomatoes, water, and wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- In a small bowl combine cheeses.
- Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the sauce in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup of the cheese mixture. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping as needed. Repeat this twice.
- Spoon on remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Cover tightly with foil. Bake about 50 minutes or until heated through and noodles are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Let stand, covered, 15 minutes before serving.