Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Bring eggs and ham together in a cheesy casserole. Recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
- 6 slices white bread (about 4 cups, crust trimmed and discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Layer the bread, ham, 2 cups cheese and 2 tablespoons chives in the dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour into the dish and top with the tomato slices in an even layer.
- Bake the eggs until nearly set, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives on top and bake until golden.
This was so simple to make from ingredients we typically have on hand. It really hit the spot for a leisurely Sunday morning breakfast. Thanks for posting.
I saw this in the magazine too. I had a big section of garlic rubbed french bread that I needed to use up and also a bunch of deli ham. I didn't have chives, but I sprinkled a little bit of fine onions and green peppers on there. Served with jalopenos for the grown ups. Me and my husband liked this, but my 3 yo son didn't care for this dish. He's on the picky side.
Where is the 6 star rating??? Made this for dinner tonight for the "Breakfast Anytime Photo Challenge", what a gem. We still had fresh 'maters in the garden, so this was a perfect dish for us.Thanks for sharing another keeper, Lainey.