- 6 slices white bread (about 4 cups, crust trimmed and discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Layer the bread, ham, 2 cups cheese and 2 tablespoons chives in the dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour into the dish and top with the tomato slices in an even layer.
- Bake the eggs until nearly set, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives on top and bake until golden.