Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this off of the WW web site. The frittatas are only 2 pts each.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces lean ham, cooked and finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Cover the bottom and sides of each hole with the hash brown potatoes; place the tin in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl; add the salt and pepper.Next, add the ham, peppers, onion and cheese to the bowl; combine the ingredients.
- Remove potatoes from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that the potatoes cover the bottom and sides of each hole. Pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.
- Lastly, return the pan to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set. Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit about 5 minutes before serving.
These are very tasty and so convenient when in a made dash out the door. I made a batch of these up Sunday (half with red pepper, DH does not like them), so that we would have enough for the week. I never know when I'll get a phone call to work out of town, and these will be handy to have around when I'm short on time. Definitely saving my diet from that McD's place. However; I do like my potatoes a little bit more done, so I would suggest cooking the hashbrowns at least another 5 minutes before adding egg mixture. I also added a couple dashes of hot sauce, Yummy! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!