Recipe by cuisinebymae
I think this originally came from "Best of Bridge". It is a great way to use leftover ham.
Top Review by WINNIE246
This was really good. Both kids even asked for seconds. I added 1/4 cup more milk and still thought the sauce was a bit too thick so next time I'll add even more. Also added garlic powder and extra pepper. This is definitely a keeper for us. Thank you!
- 1 cup potato, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook onion in butter.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk slowly, stirring continuously, cook until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts and is well blended.
- Add ham and potatoes and mix together.
- Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.