1 hr 5 mins
A hearty and filling meal, good hot or cold. Easy to prepare ahead or bake with a little advanced warning. TIP: I toss the ham and onion mixtures and the shredded cheeses in a plastic zipper bag rather than get a couple of extra bowls dirty in the process
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or "to taste")
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or "to taste")
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Thaw and drain frozen spinach.
- 3Toss ham and onions with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 4Toss cheddar and mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 5Beat eggs slightly, then blend with Parmesan and cottage cheeses.
- 6Slowly mix in milk, and season with pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- 7Divide ham and onions, spinach, and cheese in layers between the two pie plates.
- 8Pour egg mixture, divided between both pie plates.
- 9Bake in oven for 45 minutes, then gently lay Swiss cheese slices on top of each pie. Bake additional 10-15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and let sit a minimum of 10 minutes to allow quiches to set.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Spinach Quiche With Five Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.3 g