Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A hearty and filling meal, good hot or cold. Easy to prepare ahead or bake with a little advanced warning. TIP: I toss the ham and onion mixtures and the shredded cheeses in a plastic zipper bag rather than get a couple of extra bowls dirty in the process
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or "to taste")
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or "to taste")
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw and drain frozen spinach.
- Toss ham and onions with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Toss cheddar and mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Beat eggs slightly, then blend with Parmesan and cottage cheeses.
- Slowly mix in milk, and season with pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- Divide ham and onions, spinach, and cheese in layers between the two pie plates.
- Pour egg mixture, divided between both pie plates.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes, then gently lay Swiss cheese slices on top of each pie. Bake additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit a minimum of 10 minutes to allow quiches to set.