Recipe by Soup Fly *
This is a very easy potato soup that tastes creamy - but without any cream or milk. It's very versatile and can be made with a variety of veggies and meats - or is great with only potatoes. This is an adaptation of what a friend gave to me as a Weight Watchers recipe.
- 1 lb frozen cubed hash brown potatoes (my boyfriend likes o'brien style in this recipe, I prefer plain)
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packagewhite pepper gravy (I use Pioneer brand)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 8 ounces diced ham (pre-cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty frozen potatoes and 3 cans chicken broth into large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of water and package of gravy.
- Stir well-mixed gravy into potatoes and broth.
- Add ham and peas.
- Allow all ingredients to heat through, stirring often.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
- Dip into bowls and serve!