Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy potato soup that tastes creamy - but without any cream or milk. It's very versatile and can be made with a variety of veggies and meats - or is great with only potatoes. This is an adaptation of what a friend gave to me as a Weight Watchers recipe.
- 1 lb frozen cubed hash brown potatoes (my boyfriend likes o'brien style in this recipe, I prefer plain)
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packagewhite pepper gravy (I use Pioneer brand)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 8 ounces diced ham (pre-cooked)
- Empty frozen potatoes and 3 cans chicken broth into large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of water and package of gravy.
- Stir well-mixed gravy into potatoes and broth.
- Add ham and peas.
- Allow all ingredients to heat through, stirring often.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
- Dip into bowls and serve!
I have just tried this soup and it is amazing! I used real potatoes and added celery and onion. I will definitely be using this again.
I used the orida regular (little square) cubes. I doubled the batch because the potatoes are sold in 2 lb. bags. I have to say, I really enjoyed the taste of this soup. I followed the recipe exactly. I did though leave out the peas because of a co workers preference. I have several friends that re lactose intolerant and they couldn't believe it was milk/dairy free. I will be making this on a regular basis. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Very easy to make! I used regular potatoes cubed and boiled in the broth. I tripled the recipe and had no leftovers with 8 people!