Top Review by SaraFish
This is pretty good. It's warm and hearty and it's easy but it doesn't have much pizzazz. We had to add a lot of salt to get a better flavor. The consistency was real good though so I'll make it again - but next time I think I'll try cooking the potatoes in broth instead of water and I'll probably add some herbs or spices. Nice basic recipe, though. Thanks!
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes,water,onion,celery,pepper and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cook until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- In a separate bowl,mix flour and one cup of milk,blending well.
- Add flour/milk mixture,butter,chicken broth,ham and remaining milk to large saucepan with potato mixture.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until heated through and thickened.