Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found online, hope you like it!
Make and share this Ham and Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper or 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.