Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great way to use up hard boiled eggs, with a little more flair than plain old egg salad. Time to prepare includes chill time.
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices white bread, toasted
- In a medium bowl, mix together all but the bread; blend well.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Spread egg salad evenly on 3 slices of toast, top with remaining slices of toast.
This has become an Easter tradition for us. It's a delicious way to use up the hard boiled eggs and ham from the holiday. I omit the salt and vinegar, and instead splash a few drops of soy sauce.
We thought this was really good. Thanks for posting.
Wow - I have never had egg salad before and this was really yummy. My DH wasn't sure about the cheese as he said "that's not how my Mom made them" but delared them good and had about three sanwiches!! Thanks!!