Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made chicken soo-guy the other nice with fried rice, and this nice little soup. It turned out perfect and is a quick easy soup to make. I used homemade chicken stock and thats the only change i made to the origanal recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, about 1 small
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 3 (14 -14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed lean cooked ham
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Add onion and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until crisptender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and ham. Heat to boiling.
- While constantly stirring soup, slowly pour in eggs.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Pour or ladle about 2 cups soup into each bowl.
This soup tastes great and is really quick to prepare. I really liked the addition of sesame oil, it added a lot to the flavor.