Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This appetizer ham and cheese roll includes a mustard-poppyseed sauce. Number of servings depends on usage.
- 2 packages dainty dinner rolls (in aluminum pans)
- 8 ounces sliced ham
- 8 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- Slice top half off rolls while rolls are still attached to each other.
- Set aside top half.
- Layer bottom half with ham, then with cheese, covering to edges.
- Replace top half and place on cutting board.
- Using sharp knife, slice down through individual rolls.
- Place in glass baking just large enough to hold both packages without crowding together.
- Melt the stick of margarine in saucepan; add poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, and onion flakes.
- Stir and pour over top of rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
I wanted to add a quick comment: I forgot to mention that you can also spread the sauce on the inside of the buns if you would prefer!
I make a variation of these but same concept using what I have. <br/>I usually omit the Worcestershire and I like to make it 1/2 butter 1/2 margarine. <br/>I too put the butter on the inside so hands stay clean.
Very good little sammys. Nice and easy. Everyone enjoyed them. Thanks!