Chicken Broccoli Noodle Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles and broccoli to package directions.
- Make sauce by melting butter; add flour, salt, mustard and pepper and stir well.
- Stir in milk til thick, then add cheese and stir til melted.
- Place cooked noodles in bottom of greased casserole, then top with broccoli, then chicken.
- Cover with sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Can top with buttered crumbs, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Like someone else, I added extra cheese, and put buttered, crushed cracker crumbs on top. I even went so far as to USD homemade noodles, and cooked them in water and chicken stock. We picked at it, and decided it wasn't something we would have again without some major tweaks. I have very delicate taste buds, and dislike overly spicy foods. This was too bland for me, and my husband said it wasn't as good as eating each thing in it separately.
New Favorite! About once a year I would buy a Stouffer's frozen food like this. The sodium and cost were high compared to this recipe. It is a real comfort food. I usually do not like any casserole. This one is an exception! I did not layer. I mixed the ingredients. I also used Italian Bead crumbs on the top with some extra cheese.
I really liked this recipe and will be making it lots more. Very easy to prepare, however, next time I may try and mix all of the ingredients before placing in the casserole dish instead of layering them. I did add a bit more cheese (1/2 cup?) to the sauce and I did add the buttered crackers crumbs to the top. It was delicious. Thank you for another great recipe, Marie!!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.