Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my forgotten recipes that I just recalled when looking for appetizer recipes. These make great bite-size snacks or appetizers. Recipe can easily be cut in half.
- On a nonstick surface or wax paper, unroll each tube of crescent dough. Seperate each 8-oz tube into 2 large rectangles (you'll have 4 total).
- Seal the perforations very well and spread out dough just a bit.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese sour cream and mustard. Stir in the scallions, ham, cheese and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spread each rectangle with one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Spread it thin and leave 1/2" on the sides.
- Roll up the rectangles jelly-roll style.
- Wrap each roll in wax paper and place in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unwrap rolls and cut into about 1/2" slices.
- Place slices on a nonstick or lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- After baking, allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Serve warm or cold.
These spirals are delicious. After an extensive search for crescent roll recipes I found this one. The recipe was easy to understand and fun to make. The result was a tasty appetizer. I doubled the recipe and gave some away and will reheat the uneaten spirals for a future meal. I used mozzarella cheese because I had some shredded so I went with that and added a little italian seasoning too! Thank you Parsley for posting this delightful recipe.
Very easy appetizer. Had these on Christmas Eve. Keeps well in the fridge, and tastes just as good reheated.
I'm testing out some appetizer recipes before I decide what to make for a baby shower. These were very good, although my husband and I both agree that the crescent roll taste overpowers the filling taste, so I'm thinking about trying to increase the filling....maybe do one and a half times the amount of filling? Not sure yet, but I'll come back and rate again once I try. These have mucho potential! Thank you! **Update** I tried increasing the filling and cutting these a little thicker and I didn't like them as well. I think I'll go back to the original recipe next time I make them.