Little Crab Cakes With Wasabi Mayonnaise
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
For Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder (or paste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For Crab Cakes
- 1 lb backfin lump crabmeat
- 1 1⁄4 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs (from 3 slices white bread)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the 4 ingredients for the Wasabi Mayonnaise and set aside.
- Combine crabmeat and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, chives, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, and lemon zest until blended; add to crab mixture and stir.
- Scoop mounds of crab mixture (about 1 1/2 tbsp) into small round cakes, about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook cakes 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned (working in batches).
- Transfer cakes to a paper towel to blot up excess oil, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top each crab cake with a small dollop of Wasabi Mayonnaise.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!