Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A savory and filling casserole dish. Serve with green salad and rolls.
Make and share this Ham and Barley Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 cup barley, uncooked
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb smoked ham, cooked and cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) beef broth
- 8 ounces green beans, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Melt buttery spread in a skillet on medium high heat. Add barley, carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ham, basil, oregano and pepper. Then pour this mixture into the baking pan.
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan and then pour over the ham mix. Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in green beans. Recover and bake another 30 minutes or until barley is tender.
This recipe is easy and delicious...packed with flavor. I love that is cooks in the oven instead of having to watch over it on the stovetop. Thanks for the great recipe.