I used to post on a message board that had a very active recipe forum. One of the members posted this recipe. I tweaked it to my families taste and package amounts that were available in our grocery store. It is the perfect blend of sweet and salty. You can add or subtract ingredients to your liking. For example, if I am making this for one of my kids class parties, I leave out the peanuts in case of allergies. I have changed it to a Christmas party mix by using the Holiday M&M's and substituting mini marshamallows for the Candy Corn. It makes a TON, but it disappears very quickly. I hope it becomes your family's tradition, like it has ours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine pretzels, Nutter Butters, and peanuts.
- 2In a large saucepan combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
- 3Bring to a boil over med. heat, boil for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- 5Pour over pretzel mixture and QUICKLY stir until coated.
- 6Pour into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. I use a giant roasting pan.
- 7Bake at 250 for 45 min, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 8Let cool but break apart while still warm.
- 9When cool, toss with M&M's and candy corn.
- 10Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Makes 16 cups.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween ( or Any Other Holiday) Party Mix
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 642.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: