Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I used to post on a message board that had a very active recipe forum. One of the members posted this recipe. I tweaked it to my families taste and package amounts that were available in our grocery store. It is the perfect blend of sweet and salty. You can add or subtract ingredients to your liking. For example, if I am making this for one of my kids class parties, I leave out the peanuts in case of allergies. I have changed it to a Christmas party mix by using the Holiday M&M's and substituting mini marshamallows for the Candy Corn. It makes a TON, but it disappears very quickly. I hope it becomes your family's tradition, like it has ours.
- 1 (15 ounce) bag small pretzels
- 16 ounces Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, miniature
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (16 ounce) package M&M's
- 1 (18 ounce) package candy corn
- In a large bowl combine pretzels, Nutter Butters, and peanuts.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over med. heat, boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour over pretzel mixture and QUICKLY stir until coated.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. I use a giant roasting pan.
- Bake at 250 for 45 min, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool but break apart while still warm.
- When cool, toss with M&M's and candy corn.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Makes 16 cups.