Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very easy and low cal recipe from Corfu a Greek inland. It can be made with any other fish you prefer.I hope you like it.
- 2 halibut fillets
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or less)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- white pepper
- 6 tablespoons water
- In a skillet we put the water, the garlic and the olive oil.
- We put the salt and pepper to the fish fillets.
- When the water is boiling we put the fish and the lemon.
- We put the lid on and simmer about 30 or 40 minutes. The fish must be left only with the olive oil or else simmer a little more with the lid removed.
I adopted you for Pick A Chef, Spring 2007. We like a big garlic flavour so I minced the garlic cloves and like others, reduced the amount of olive oil. This made a wonderfully tasty dinner and I will be making it again to go with summer salads soon. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for lovely taste and ease of making... so simple, so easy. Thanks!
I halved the amount of oil and water to cut down on the calories; also I was using fairly small halibut fillets. I also pressed the garlic before adding (Katia informed me by email that she doesn't do this, but would if she didn't have family members who aren't that crazy about garlic). The result was a very simple tasty dish that will be a definite standby in my kitchen.
This was very nice. I reduced the olive oil and water also as suggested by others and it worked great. I also used lemon pepper to inhance the flavor and it worked out well. Thanks for sharing.