Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
We use this as a dip with tortilla chips or as a salsa on top of just about everything we eat. Especially good on top of grilled chicken served on a warm tortilla.
Top Review by TimT1984
I stumbled across this gym yesterday and decided to make it for a company BBQ. The flavor and spice were amazing and paired well with the Carne Asada & Chicken Tacos we had. Absolutely a new favorite.
- 5 habanero peppers
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 dash black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Remove seeds from peppers and the sauce will be a little hot. Leave seed and it should be pretty firey.
- Finely chop and combine all fresh ingredients except garlic. Press garlic into mixture. Add salt, pepper, oregano and tomato sauce. Mix well. This can be pulsed in the food processor if you want a smoother texture.