Recipe by Pot Scrubber
After my friend Edith Gump and I left the nail parlor- she was excited to make this delicious BBQ Shrimp Wrap for our cocktail hour. Which lasted three hours. While they are delicious wraps... after our third glass of Grey Goose she was having a little trouble using her new two inch red nail extensions... so she just skewered them and ate them right off of her fingers. She admitted to stealing the recipe off of Food Network but was too drunk to remember from which chef. She is such a lush. Note: Prep time assumes you are sober.
Top Review by CraftScout
Potsie, my dear, if it weren't for my husband, I'd ask you to marry me, just so that I could get you to make me this recipe every night for dinner! :) Roomie and I had this in our bento boxes today, and it was sooooo yummy. I love hoisin, but I never thought of mixing it with marmalade. Hmmm . . .I wonder how this stuff tastes on chicken? :) Thank you so much for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce, available on the Asian foods aisle
- bibb lettuce, for wrapping
- 1⁄4 cucumber, julienne slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill pan or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Toss shrimp with a drizzle of oil and season with crushed pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Mix marmalade and barbecue sauce.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes on the first side, turn and baste liberally with sauce. Cook a minute or 2 longer, turn and baste again. Cook 1 minute more then transfer to a serving dish.
- To eat, wrap shrimp in lettuce with cucumber.