Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect with Arabic coffee or tea.
Make and share this Gulf Fresh Date Treat recipe from Food.com.
- fresh dates, pitted and sliced in half (or soft dried whole dates)
- puck cream cheese spread (not regular cream cheese, it's creamier, softer and tastier, found in Arab shops though Danish)
- Pit and separate dates into halves.
- Spread a little Puck cream cheese spread in the indent.
- Enjoy with tea or Arabic coffee!
UmmBinat, I enjoyed these sweet little morsels today with homemade iced coffee. Unfortunately I couldn't remember where in town I had seen fresh dates. Instead I used good quality organic, unsulphured deglet noor dried dates and Nancy's brand (Oregon-made!) cream cheese softened to room temperature. Rose water would be a delicious addition as an afterthought...Sprinkled a light dusting of ground cardamom! Thank you!
I had this for a quick little breakfast on a hectic day. Yum! Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap Feb. 2013.
Oh yum, this is such a healthy, sweet treat! I didnt expect this to taste so very good, but it is amazingly tasty! Like CG, I didnt have access to fresh dates, so I used organic high-quality dried ones. I sprinkled this with cinnamon and enjoyed it a lot this way. Im sure I will make this often again. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe with us, Umm Binat!
Made and reviewed for your being VIP during Veggie Swap #49 August 2012.