Beef Mince and Macaroni with a Yoghurt-Garlic-Sauce
photo by Inge 1505
- Ready In:
- 500 g elbow macaroni
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 70 g butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 500 g beef mince
- salt and pepper
- 500 g yoghurt
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- Make the macaroni as per the package instructions.
- Fry the onions in the butter till they are golden brown.
- Add the green chillies and saute.
- Add the spice powders.
- Add the minced beef and fry till brown and cooked.
- Add the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add the macaroni to this and stir till heated through.
- Mix the yoghurt and garlic together.
- Serve the macaroni in a platter.
- Pour the yoghurt and garlic sauce over it and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This inspired me due to the novelty of pasta yoghurt and spice. However, I have now started tweaking it and due to my appetite for strong flavors I have doubled the G/Masala and cumin, added several chillies, colored with turmuric and top off with a wonderful bought-in yoghurt and mint sauce. This really works but maybe I lost that middle eastern touch somewhere? Next iÂ´m going to add the garlic to the meat that is no longer in my sauce and see where we get to!!
A new favorite for us! I love it, but make one major change. This is only due to that fact that we are not partial to the flavor of raw garlic. I blanched mine in salted water for 2 minutes before crushing into yoghurt. This mellowed its bite considerably but left much flavor. I have tried this recipe three times by now because I enjoy the combimation of ground meat, yoghurt and pasta and experimented with using less garlic versus blanched garlic. Last time I added 1/2 t paprika with the cumin for a little different color of the finished dish.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Am an avid baker and love cooking too. Live in Mumbai, India.</p>